Another General Conference began this morning Saturday, April 5, 2008. The first session of general conference is always an opportunity to sustain the leadership of the Church. This morning was different than most conference sessions because it was a "Solemn Assembly" we had the opportunity to sustain our new prophet and first presidency. Different groups of members were asked to stand and sustain by the uplifted hand--all in attendance personally or watching 0r listening at other locations. I felt chills, and the hairs on my arms, legs, and neck stood on end when in our turn, all Relief Society sisters were asked to stand and bring arms to the square in sustaining vote of Thomas S Monson, Henry Eyring, and Deiter Uchdorf .
I was blessed at that moment to have the Holy Ghost reaffirm the testimony I already had that the Lord had called these good men as well as the other General Authorities. I am so grateful to live at this time and to have had this opportunity to again witness the perfect organization of the Lord's Church on Earth in operation.
Dan
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Building the fireplace 1969
Tess & Jen helping Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment